Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech has an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer within the Belfast office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high profile projects throughout Ireland, the UK & beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as an Engineer.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role, to provide support to the team within the office - An individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
Reporting directly to a senior member of team, you will:-
- Undertake civil engineering design of projects.
- Assist in the delivery of projects on time and to budget.
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives.
- Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures.
- Assist in the contract administration of projects.
- Undertake site visits and surveys.
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, consultants, statutory authorities and utility companies.
- Work as part of a larger team on major WYG commissions across our national teams.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Have a UK accredited degree (either BEng(Hons) or MEng) in Civil Engineering.
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment.
- Chartered or approaching Chartered status with the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Good attitude to health and safety practices within the workplace, and design.
- A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD.
- Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the use of software including AutoCAD and Microdrainage, WinDes.
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification for Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification for the Water Industry and their implementation.
- Experience of and the ability to work within project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies.
- Delivering work to set timescales and deadlines.
- Suitability for UK Security Clearance.
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions of Contract
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant
- Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company.
- An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills.
- An effective team player, organised, flexible and articulate.
- Good time management and reliability and display initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members internally and externally.
- Possess attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality output
- Ownership of the work done under your control
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.