Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Assistant Building Surveyor to join a leading construction consultancy based in Southampton, initially seconded to a key client's offices in Chichester.
The company are a leading construction consultancy brand, providing a range of multi-disciplinary services across Building Surveying, Project and Cost Management and Engineering. Their South Coast Building Surveying team deliver work on behalf of a wide client base, including strategic partnerships with a number of public sector organisations. Due to an extensive pipeline of work, the team are now looking to appoint an additional Assistant Building Surveyor to based at a key client's offices in Chichester. However, as your reporting office will be Southampton, your attendance at that location maybe required for time to time.
Your new role
As an Assistant Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering a variety of Building Surveying related workloads for a key public sector client across the West Sussex region. This will encompass a mixture of project and professional work, whilst being given full support to progress with your APC completion.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Delivery and day-today project management of a range of construction projects.
- Prepare work specifications, contracts and tenders
- Under take inspections, surveys and provide professional advice to the client
- Compile detailed reports, process contractor payments and undertake contract administration
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- A Building Surveying degree
- Be working towards the completion of your APC
- Experience of undertaking a range of Building Surveying related work, ideally from with a consultancy environment
- Strong client facing skills, abilities in report writing and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of standard building contracts, such as JCT
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.