NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join the team. As part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionally qualified staff, you will ensure the retention and development of both external and internal customers by the application of technical knowledge and understanding of NHBC Standards and Building Regulations.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, you will be joining a market leading business. We pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
Diversity and Inclusion
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team. Underlying our overall commitment to equality is the fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination.
Always happy to talk flexible working
We encourage employees to work flexibly in different ways including home working, field working and both formal and informal flexible working arrangements. We don’t promise we can offer you what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working. In the interview process we’ll discuss this more with you. NHBC has offices in London, Milton Keynes, Edinburgh and Belfast.
About the role
Joining a multi-discipline team of Engineers and Surveyors, this hugely varied role will see you take responsibility for assessing Building Regulations and warranty applications on a wide variety of residential and mixed-use schemes. On top of that, you will assist developers, architects & builders, provide site support, undertake forensic investigations, liaise with customers and much more.
Working from home, you can also look forward to real flexibility, plus an excellent work/life balance. As our Senior Engineer, you will enjoy a high level of responsibility as well as autonomy but with the full support of a dedicated management network.
You will be expected to:
- Have (or be able to demonstrate you are working towards) Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Have substantial relevant building/construction experience, preferably with substantial knowledge of the housing sector.
- Manage your own workload and allocated tasks to ensure relevant SLA targets are achieved.
- Provide professional technical advice and support on the assessment of designs for compliance with Building Regulations and warranty standards, including resolving problems with engineering aspects of any submissions.
- Negotiate with developers, builders and their professional advisors to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control, warranty and land quality and comply with relevant regulations/NHBC Standards.
- Manage the warranty aspects by supporting inspection staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements of building work and review of progress.
- Prepare technical reports for builders and/or professional advisors and check reports prepared by others.
- On claims, agree brief with client, undertake investigations, report on findings, prepare solutions for remedial work schemes, issue tender information, assess costs and undertake site inspections.
- Manage all aspects of assigned claims projects to ensure delivery of outputs is within specified timescales and budget.
- Keep up to date with NHBC’s IT systems.
- Ensure compliance with NHBC and HSE requirements for personal safety and that of others.
- Deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers as required.
- Assist in implementing business efficiencies and opportunities for growth of the business.
- Assist in representing NHBC on appropriate external bodies and at seminars or industry work groups.
- Be able to travel to client sites as required, with a full UK driving licence.
Salary / Benefits:
- £41000.00 - £44300.00 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Remote worker allowance.
- Up to 6% performance related bonus.
- Company car (subject to covering the annual minimum 4k business mileage)
- 25 days annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution).
- Equalised Paternity, Maternity and Adoption Leave.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Subsidised private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Excellent – Proud and professional in all that we do.
Connected - Collaborating, sharing and achieving success as a team.
Human - Challenging, supporting and respecting each other.
Progressive - Inspired by possibilities, learning and adapting together.
The position will close on Thursday 15th April 2021