PROJECT MANAGER/SURVEYOR, PUBLIC SECTOR, CLIENT SIDE, CARDIFF, 6 MONTHS+, £22 PER HOUR, IMMEDIATE START
Your new company
Your new organisation are a public sector estate based in Cardiff, due to the increase in minor building refurbishment projects they are seeking a Project Manager to join their estates delivery team for a minimum of 6 months.
Your new role
Your new role will include overseeing building refurbishment projects from inception to completion as the client side Project Manager overseeing external consultants and contractors inline with the project specification, time and quality.
Examples of projects include;
- Refurbishment of an entire floor within the building £2m value
- Circa 40+ boiler replacements
- Refurbishments of a number of rooms and corridors throughout the estate
- Good practical level of construction and maintenance technical knowledge and relevant experience in similar working environment
- Able to develop and prepare minor works specifications and schedules of works to obtain requests for quotations from contractors in accordance with the procurement and financial regulations
- CAD experience desirable to assist in preparing minor works and stakeholders approvals
- Must have ability to work using own initiative and apply experience to lead and manage minor works and larger projects on a day to day basis including refurbishments.
- Able to form good professional working relationships and be responsible for liaising with stakeholders to advise on potential disruption and to implement and co-ordinate actions to minimise disruption
- Manage external consultants and contractors employed
- Ensure compliance by all parties in respect of H&S and environmental legislation.
- Manage minor works and project budgets
- Provide monthly status and financial reports to the Strategic Projects Manager on each project, from inception through to completion.
- Prioritise, co-ordinate and plan interfaces to ensure suitable programmes are developed and updated.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience as a Project Manager, Building Surveyor, Clerk of Works or similar. Experience working within the construction industry overseeing refurbishment projects is essential ideally on the client side.
What you'll get in return
6 month temporary contract, £22.00 per hour, 37 hours per week, immediate start, paid weekly via Hays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.