New Job - 12 Month contract role based in Milton Keynes with one of the industry leaders in retail and energy.
EV (Electric Vehicle) Property Lead
The EV (Electric Vehicle) Property lead will support the ambitious rollout of electric vehicle (EV) chargers on our retail forecourts. The programme aims to grow the number of high-power chargers to over 300 by the end of 2021.
The Property lead will liaise with internal stakeholders, plus external stakeholders including landlords and Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) to ensure that all requisite consents are secured to enable the rollout of chargers across the estate.
- To secure all consents and grant of rights to enable the implementation of EV chargers. This will include, the grant of sub-leases to sub-station operators, landlord's consent to alter and the grant of property rights by easement or wayleave
- To manage interactions with Distribution Network Operators (DNOs), landlords, consultants, and other stakeholders to secure consents
- To drive progress in line with project milestones, providing regular reporting and input to the Project team
- To identify, highlight and mitigate risks to the project timelines, using property knowledge and creative solutions to minimise impact
- To instruct and liaise with external solicitors to progress the negotiation and drafting of legal documentation
- At all times ensure that the companies property interests are safeguarded, whilst also enabling swift progress of the programme
- The role will require attendance at the office in Milton Keynes and occasional domestic travel.
Job Holder Requirements - Essential
- Property Management experience, with a good knowledge of UK Property Law and experience in securing consents for a large rollout programme
- Experience in managing and providing instructions to solicitors in property transactions
- An ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities and challenging deadlines
- An ability to articulate complex, technical matters to a senior audience in a succinct manner
- A good working knowledge of power infrastructure and construction projects is desirable
- Experience in Project and Programme management would be advantageous
- Experience working in a retail or infrastructure property business
- Relevant Real Estate qualification (e.g. Chartered Surveyor)
- Prior client-side experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.