Joshua Robert Recruitment are working exclusively with a multi-disciplinary national surveying practice who are looking for a Project Manager - Utilities Surveyor / Senior Land Rights Officer to join their Utilities & Infrastructure team.
This exciting opportunity involves undertaking the Acquisition of Land/Rights in Land and carry out Compensation work including Utility and Infrastructure projects which are nationally significant. There will also be other major and minor transport, gas, water and electricity schemes where appropriate fee income is generated for the business. The Person
Whether from a rural or a commercial background, candidates will have suitable experience and skills to facilitate delivery of land referencing, negotiating land rights and dealing with compensation claims.
Demonstration of relevant experience in Land Rights related work within the Utilities sector is preferred, but not essential. Candidates from a rural background and/or with technical mapping skills are preferred.
The job will require someone who has a proven track record in organising their own personal workload and responsibilities, the ability to determine priorities and consistently meet deadlines, providing an effective and efficient platform for the team to operate successfully. Qualifications:
Formal qualification or working towards a level that is accredited by the RICS and/or qualified as a Technical or Member of the RICS is preferred but not essential.
Experience in GIS software is desirable but not essential. Essential Criteria:
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with and understanding of the Microsoft Office packages including MS Excel, MS Outlook and preferably good keyboard skills.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to supervise less experiences colleagues
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
- A willingness to be part of a team and to interact with other professional staff
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change
- The ability to accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on their own initiative
- A willingness to undertake business development and take a proactive approach to work
- Clean and full driving licence
- To achieve fee income set in Performance Review albeit some of the role requires support from more experienced colleagues
- To deliver a high-quality service to clients, team colleagues and other business teams as directed and to ensure that all correspondence is authorised before sending
- To manage the utilisation of time for the team’s benefit and maximise efficiency
- To provide appropriate assistance, technical skills and services to the team
- To supervise Graduates/Trainee Land Rights Officers and their deliverables
- To assist in the delivery of specific activities set – this may include on site work such as records of condition etc and to work with high attention to detail
- To keep appropriate records of current work that are required by the team and the firm and to ensure that all work is stored on the Worksite system
- To maintain accurate time records on Changepoint, to targets set in Performance Review
- To attend training sessions and team meetings and to maintain an appropriate schedule of training
- needs and achievements
- To ensure that the appropriate Quality assurance and Health and Safety standards are met
- To deal with all clients and members of the public professionally
- To be an ambassador for Bruton Knowles both internally and externally
As well as working for a highly successful and forward-thinking company, there is a competitive salary. The organisation offers excellent opportunities for development.