Williams and Co are an award winning, independent, TRADE ONLY plumbing and heating merchant with 39 trade counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the South East, Manchester, Milton Keynes, and Bristol.
We aim to be the best plumber’s merchant in Britain, selling the best products, at the best prices, whilst striving to deliver on customer service excellence. Our performance and growth reflect this, driving our ambitions to become a bigger and better business across the industry.
As with our customers, our staff our are important to us and we are constantly looking at ways to improve our workplace. As commendation to this, we are delighted to have been listed by the Sunday Times as one of the top 100 companies to work for the last two years. We are hoping to make the hat-trick in 2021.
Our property portfolio consists of 39 commercial properties ranging from 45,000 sqft warehouses to 3,000sqft trade counter units. We currently have an ambitious expansion strategy in place to open more locations across the UK and, as such, are looking to appoint a brand-new Property and Facilities Manager to support and lead a team that enables our growth initiatives.
As the Property and Facilities Manager, you will work within our Operations Support Team, closely under the direction of our Operations Director. Here, you will be responsible for all Property and FM matters, including leading a team that ensures our facilities run smoothly with an efficient level of service, supporting our Branch, RFC and Central Support colleagues.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Working in collaboration with the Operations Director to identify, negotiate on and secure new site / branch acquisitions.
- Day-to-Day Property and Facilities Management across our portfolio, including budgetary control.
- Management and oversight of branch expansion projects from inception to completion and handover, including major fit-outs, alterations, and refurbishments of existing branches.
- Negotiating, instructing, and liaising with commercial property agents on rent reviews, lease renewals, new lettings, and heads of terms.
- Instructing internal teams and appointing sub-contractors for maintenance, repairs, and major works across the portfolio, ensuring adherence to Health and Safety regulations.
- Fleet Management of own delivery vehicles and FLT’s (100+), ensuring they are managed effectively on a total cost of ownership and service aspect.
- Ordering and assessing the supply of products and services across the wider business.
What You’ll Need
The Property and Facilities Manager will play an important role within our business. Our branch employees and their ability to deliver an excellent service to our customers is the number one priority. Building strong relationships and having effective communication with these individuals is key and, as such, we expect everyone across the Williams and Co business to be able to demonstrate our core values, which are Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition.
In addition, you will also need the following;
- Hold a relevant qualification, such as a degree in property or facilities management.
- Significant experience in commercial property management
- Experience of working with commercial property agents in relation to lease renewals, rent reviews and new lettings
- Sound knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation and property compliance
- Desirably hold experience in the identification, negotiation, and acquisition of commercial property
- Excellent experience of facilities management and building maintenance
- Knowledge of construction processes and standard form building contracts, such as JCT
- Proven experience of working at a senior level, including budgetary responsibility, leadership, and stakeholder management
- Strong skills in negotiation, rapport building, decision making and project management
- High levels of skills in written and verbal communication, with attention to detail
- £50,000 basic salary DOE
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discount
- Williams perks – Discounted shopping platform
What you need to do now
Hays Property and Surveying are supporting Williams and Co with the recruitment for this role on a retained and exclusive basis.
For further information, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact out Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.