A 9 month fixed term contract, this role will centre around the ensuring the successful delivery of the school delivery projects, alongside working on any part of the client's portfolio, ie libraries and offices. The role will be varied, from agreeing where the school is sited on a new development to handing the keys over to the head teacher.
My client is a Local Authority based in the South West of England.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- responsibility for ensuring that projects are delivered from £100k to £25million and will allocate, organise and control the work and budget of teams in specialist areas
- developing innovative solutions to technical issues ensuring that appropriate solutions are proposed and successfully implemented
- giving technical advice and guidance, support and training to colleagues to ensure that performance objectives are achieved
- providing expert advice to customers and partners on major issues in own specialist areas
The successful candidate will be:
- professionally qualified and hold a relevant degree or postgraduate qualification. If you are not professionally qualified you will have gained demonstrable, equivalent relevant experience including significant, relevant experience in project management and quantity surveying
- you have demonstrable, proven management ability, with the ability to motivate staff to achieve organisational objectives and achieve successful technical outcomes with the ability to develop and deliver design briefs
- experience of planning and progressing work activities within general professional guidelines or organisational policy and have an in-depth knowledge of service specific and professional issues
- have a strong experience in managing budgets and forecasting with proven negotiating skills, in order to achieve the most economically advantageous contracts
This role is a 9 month FTC which offers a pro rata'd salary of £37,890. It also offers the chance to be involved with and manage a really interesting portfolio, changing the landscape of the area.