Stock Page Stock are currently looking to employ a Graduate Building Surveyor to work within our team based in the Barbican area of London. We are seeking a graduate building surveyor to assist with the block management portfolio. The portfolio consists of over 60 blocks and circa 800 units within the Central and Greater London area.
Duties will include among others;
- Assisting the property manager for the blocks with minor/intermediate building repairs as required. You will be able to prescribe repairs and produce specifications to address building defects. The applicant must have a good knowledge of building pathology.
- Preparation of condition surveys for the blocks in the portfolio.
- Undertaking property inspections, tenant liaison and undertaking the supervision of trusted contractors.
- Working with the Senior Surveyor to produce Capital Expenditure Plans and PPM reports for the blocks in the portfolio. This is with a view of producing long term budget forecasts for the blocks as well as establish yearly sinking fund allocations.
- Preparing specifications and schedules of work as required for major works at the block and managing these works onsite from inception through to completion.
- Attending AGM and Directors Meetings for the blocks as well as taking minutes when requested to do so. (Out of hours*)
You will be supported in your role by our experienced Senior Property Manager and Senior Building Surveyor.
The applicant must have;
- A RICS accredited Building Surveying degree.
- Ideally 12 months property related work experience in a Building Surveying. Any experience specialising in block management is strongly desirable.
- You must have strong communication skills, creativity, and an ability to use your own initiative, solve problems and take ownership of projects. Experience of working independently and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships is highly desirable.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
We are a small company and are very team orientated. We would like to employ someone who is looking to grow and develop within the company long term.
Stock Page Stock are one of the longest established Surveyors and Property Managers in the City of London, with a portfolio spanning across Greater London. We specialise in residential and commercial property management and lettings.
The successful applicant can expect a starting salary of £30,000.
Hours: 9am -5.30pm*
Benefits: 20 days holiday, pension scheme, additional public holidays.