Are you a chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next career opportunity? Looking to work for an exciting, forward-thinking and progressive consultancy construction firm? Then look now further!!
An innovative and exciting construction and property consultancy firm are looking for a diligent Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Edinburgh.
You will have the opportunity to work on amazing buildings projects all over the UK within the Residential, Hospitality, Mixed-use and Hotels sectors.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor your role will be:
- Prepare estimates for projects
- Provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions
- Provide detailed reports to clients in line with their vision on each projects
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouses or other venues
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, your background will be:
- Chartered with the RICS
- Degree qualified in a relevant construction or property related discipline
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent Numerical and IT skills
- Proficient in relevant software (Cost X etc.)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to travel around the UK