Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Development Surveyor to join a commercially focused Public Sector organisation in Hampshire.
The organisation owns and manages a varied multi-million pound property portfolio across all major sectors, including development land suitable for urban regeneration. Their in-house property team are responsible for providing a professional advisory service, overseeing the day to day management of the assets and advising on suitable investment, development and regeneration opportunities.
As part of the team's growing workloads and ambitious pipeline of projects, they are now looking to appoint an experienced Senior Development Surveyor to focus on a number of complex development and regeneration schemes.
Your new role
As the Senior Development Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing advice and expertise on a range of property development and regeneration opportunities across the portfolio. Working independently and within a multi-disciplinary team, the principles of the role will be to undertake the identification, appraisal and valuation of development sites for the purpose of commercial schemes and housing regeneration.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Identify development land opportunities in line with organisation's strategy.
- Undertake development appraisals, viability assessments and development valuations.
- Negotiate on development acquisitions and disposals.
- Prepare and present reports in relation to recommendations for acquisitions and disposals
- Assist with the delivery of the organisation's regeneration strategy, advising on specific projects.
- Provide professional services in other property related matters as part of your duties within the team.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- MRICS qualified is essential, with significant post-qualification experience.
- Strong experience of undertaking development appraisals and providing valuation advice.
- Experience of identifying development land opportunities, including residential and commercial.
- Experience of negotiating and advising on property acquisitions and disposals.
- Skills in report writing and presenting professional recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ideally hold knowledge of accessing public sector funding for the purpose of housing development and urban regeneration.
What you need to do now
For information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.