Established in 1985, The Martin Sewell Building Company is a friendly, trustworthy and reliable award-winning business based in West Sussex. It is family-run with a dedicated and highly skilled team who are passionate about listening attentively to clients’ needs and delivering outstanding results.
The company has gained an enviable reputation for excellence, built on an ethos of openness, good communication and honesty. This company is Chartered with CIOB and accredited at Gold standard with Investors in People.
We are looking for an individual that shares our passion and dedication to join this close knit team as Head of Project Acquisition and Delivery. We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be part of something special, to carve out and develop the new role that we have created and to contribute to and share in the success of a great team coming together to grow and develop the business as we move into the future.
The primary role of the new Head of Project Acquisition and Delivery will be to provide dynamic leadership and management To work in partnership with the Management Team to grow the business and ensure future success and sustainability of the company.
- Charismatic leader.
- Increase company turnover by consistently winning commercial and high-end residential works ranging from £500k - £2m.
- Work in partnership with FD to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the business on day to day basis
- Define and chart the strategic plans of the company in collaboration with directors and management team.
- Lead the estimating and contracts management functions
- Able to build ‘virtual’ job and foresee challenges
- Survey and prepare detailed priced schedules of work
- Oversee pre-contract development process
- Support the Contracts Team in achieving our KPIs
- Promoting design and build approach and partnering relationships.
- Fully conversant and able to advise on green aspects.
This hands on role will be diverse and challenging!