Help grow Solar footprint with large companies financial backing.
Be the UK lead for Solar Project Development.
Our client is a major global Energy Provider who is looking to expand their footprint in the renewables space. They are looking to build out their UK Solar team and are looking to add a UK lead help them achieve their goal of a multi-GW renewables pipeline by increasing their expanse in the UK and potentially other countries in Europe.
- Develop utility scale solar projects on and around sites in UK and potentially other international Sites
- Cover the full development cycle from origination to RTB or FC stage
- Manage external contract developers
- Manage business relationships with land owners, permitting authorities, grid operators, regulators, offtakers and other relevant stakeholders
- Liaise closely with existing business teams (asset teams, trading / PPAs, finance, others) and enabling functions
- Build strong relationships with the development team, consisting of developers, engineers, project-, contract- and offtake managers as well as a network of external development partners
- As required and by arrangement, takeover of all other arising activities of the area
- Reports to the Head of Solar Development
- Demonstrable experience in solar development in the UK or in an international environment
- Relevant Academic Degree/Qualification in engineering, business administration, economics, law or comparable studies
- Proven track record of utility scale solar project development
- Profound understanding of relevant market dynamics
- Excellent communication skills combined with an ability to communicate effectively with international stakeholders at all levels.
- Appreciation for cultural differences
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English , an additional language is preferable.
Good Salary + Competitive Bonus & Benefits Package