Associate Estates Surveyor
Asset Management and Property Services
Salary: £45k - £50k pa
The Associate Estates Surveyor is responsible for management of a diverse property portfolio and project workload. You will be proficient in the use of a range of software for Asset Management and Estates and be able to provide property owner, tenant and valuation advice to make best use of all our Clients property assets.
You will be a key team member in ensuring an efficient and cost effective corporate estate, which makes best use of and extracts optimum value for our clients and their stakeholders. In addition, a key part of the role will be to grow the current core business and develop our client base through the support of our business development team.
The job involves liaising with surveyors, tenants, contractors and a variety of departments within the company.
Accountabilities and Duties:
Typically, the work will span the full range of commercial property management activities, including, but not limited to;
- Advising upon and negotiating a range of property transactions such as lettings, disposals, acquisitions, rent review, lease renewal, and other agreements
- Undertaking commercial property valuation across the range of commercial sectors
- Provide Project and Financial management across all works undertaken
- Provide highly visible leadership, management and direction in a manner consistent with the Align Property Partners (APP) core values.
- Responsible for supporting and managing a team to deliver a culture of excellence and continuous improvement and services, which embrace’s quality standards.
- Delivering local authority asset valuations
- You will be responsible for undertaking Lease Renewals, Rent Reviews and Valuations of commercial premises
- You will take a commercial approach to your role, with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Responsible for negotiating lease terms, and undertake rental, leasehold, and freehold valuations.
- You will oversee management of approaching Rent Review and Lease Renewals. Reading leases, analysing market evidence and undertaking measurements and valuations. Tactically serving notices and negotiating terms with surveyors.
- Communicating with internal departments, instructing legal and accounts teams to document new terms and update the company records
Typical tasks will include;
- Responsible for Marketing and disposal
- CPO (Certified Pre-Owned Procedures) Information gathering and preparation of draft CPO documents
- Rating support services and appeals
- Development consultancy in particular for Housing
- Wayleaves and easements
- New lease negotiations
- Negotiating the release of restrictive covenants
- Negotiating lease extensions.
- Updating asset register
- Dilapidations procedures
- Party wall (not essential)
- General Practice Surveyor RICS qualified and preferably a Registered Valuer
- Hold an Architectural degree and postgraduate qualification.
- Substantial post qualified experience.
- Be able to professionally network.
- Exceptional experience in working in private practice with knowledge of public sector process.
- Experienced team manager
- Solid working knowledge across all sectors or the RIBA Plan of Work.
- Closing date: 19th of April
- Interview date: TBC
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and cover letter in one Microsoft Word document (not PDF) by clicking the apply button no later than midnight 19th of April.