Associate Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £45k - £50k pa
As a result of our continued growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our business. You will be predominantly home based for the foreseeable future, remotely servicing our clients throughout the North West, Cumbria, Yorkshire and the North East.
You will be working with the company’s multi-discipline workforce of Architects, Building Surveyors, Drainage Engineers, Highways Engineers, M&E Engineers, and Structural Engineers. If you are motivated and proactive individual seeking new challenges and want to be part of a successful team then we would like to hear from you.
You will be able to take on significant/elements of design, working on their own initiative whilst taking a leading discipline role within multi-discipline project teams.
You will be an essential part of a very busy and professional team who have a record of consistently meeting and exceeding their targets and who have the passion and determination to improve their service continually.
Accountabilities and Duties:
Include, but not limited to the following:
- Management of a busy Quantity Surveying team
- Utilise best practice tools and processes to support project delivery in Quantity Surveying.
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
- Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
- Pricing variations throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
- Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
- Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cash flow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
- Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients that are suitable for audit.
- Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the Building Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
- Administer and provide advice on contracts, typically the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines within the company as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Value Engineering services
Typical tasks will include:
- Line management duties
- Business Development with our clients
- Bid Writing/Compilation
- Client management & Liaison
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
- Professional Qualification: RICS Qualified MRICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Pre and post contract knowledge.
- Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, advising on procurement options, procurement documentation preparation, contract documentation preparation, contract administration and contract documentation.
- Experience of providing services in to the education, health and housing sectors.
- Have commercial awareness.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to travel
- Closing date: 19th of April
- Interview date: TBC
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and cover letter in one Microsoft Word document (not PDF) by clicking the apply button no later than midnight 19th of April.