Regional Maintenance Surveyor
Location: West Region (covering Devon & Cornwall)
Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 plus £5,000 car allowance per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Hastoe is an award-winning housing association that manages 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Surveyor to join our West Regional team. The successful candidate will work closely with our contact centre team and our external contractors providing excellent customer service to our residents, while ensuring Hastoe maintains and repairs our properties striving for value for money and in accordance with the legal requirements.
The areas you will cover for this role include Devon & Cornwall
Other duties include will include:
- Inspecting defects in dwellings and specifying cost effective repairs
- Perform domestic surveys, determine necessary remedial works and specify appropriate repairs
- Assisting with the specification and inspection of planned maintenance works
- Pre and post void inspections including specifying works and liaising with colleagues in housing.
What we are looking for
You will need to have good working knowledge of building construction, The Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation. You’ll also need:
- Experience of supervising contractors on site
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Aware of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos
- Experience in using housing management systems (Hastoe use MIS)
- Hold a valid driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
For more information on the role, please see the job description.
Your salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible working opportunities, discounts and pension scheme.
Annual Leave: 25 days (increasing with service up to 28 days) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions are based on a matching of your own contribution level plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8%.
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)
Please send your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 18 April 2021.
Interviews will be held via Zoom on 28 April 2021.
For more information about the role or enquiries about the application process please contact the HR Team at email@example.com or call 020 8973 0435.
This post is subject to background checks.