Post-Qualified Senior Building Surveyor Oxford
tmd is an award winning independent Chartered Building Surveying and Project Management practice, established in 1991 who operate from office in London and Oxford.
An excellent opportunity has arisen in our Oxford office for a permanent, full-time Post-Qualified Senior Building Surveyor to join our small but energetic team.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate who has completed their APC and is looking for a new challenge and good career progression.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small but busy team reporting directly to our Director who head up our Oxford office and will be expected to undertake project and professional services including but not limited to:
- Running smaller capital projects from inception to completion from £50K to £1M with the ability and confidence to report directly to clients and develop strong client relationships
- Assisting Directors and associated with larger scale projects from £1M to £10M+
- Liaising with and managing an external multidisciplinary design teams
- Preparation of specifications and a detailed understanding of various types of construction to assist our architectural team
- A robust knowledge and understanding of the main JCT forms of contract, particularly B&B and a good knowledge of CA and EA roles
- Building survey / pre-acquisition survey experience of commercial and residential property
- A working knowledge and experience of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, preparing and serving notice and awards under the Act
- A working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant issues, the Dilapidation Protocol including preparing and service schedules and settlement negotiations
- Submission of statutory applications
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you will play an active part in business development.
The ideal candidate will have 1-5 years of post-qualified experience, will be ambitious, energetic, and motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
A basic knowledge of AutoCAD and good knowledge of the MPS Project would be of benefit. Good verbal and written communication skills and the use of MS office are also a must.
- tmd operate a contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Provide generous annual leave
- Company car if required, as part of an overall package
The successful candidate will be line managed by our Director who heads up the Oxford office. They will receive 1:1 support to enhance their work experience and promote learning to and extremely high level whilst encompassing a wide range of duties.
Negotiable depending on experience.
How to apply for this excellent opportunity
Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to:
For more information about tmd visit our website: www.tmd-surveyors.co.uk