My client, an international property consultancy is looking to add a Senior Surveyor/Associate to their prime European valuation team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of valuation instructions for the department’s fund clients, attending regular meetings with clients to discuss valuations and build relationships. You will be required to support business generation through regular meetings with existing clients and potential targets to further these relationships and create profit line opportunities.
In this role you will be required to carry out valuation work for financial reporting purposes in jurisdictions where my client is not currently represented. You will take an active role within the team in terms of business generation, referrals and management of work carried out by other offices in the network and be required to attend events as appropriate.
As a team player you will have self-discipline, motivation and enthusiasm to work on your own initiative, and develop business relationships. There is considerable high level client contact and regular travel across the Eurozone so a willingness to undertake this is essential.
- Assist on all instructions, from start to finish
- Inspect and measure properties of varying use types
- Review and summarise lease and title documents and assess their impact on value
- Undertake and draw conclusions from statutory enquiries
- Collate, verify and analyse market evidence/trends and all relevant factors that influence value
- Apply knowledge of the RICS Red Book and other relevant guidance
- Use Excel as well as Argus Enterprise and Developer to prepare valuations
- Undertake drafting of valuation reports and advisory notes
- Undertake direct communication with clients and auditors
- Mentor, manage and train graduates and more junior team members
- MRICS (2-5 years PQE) and a RICS Registered Valuer
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Additional languages (Spanish, French, German) would be preferred but not essential
- Team player
- High service delivery skills with strong attention to detail
- Committed and organized
- Experienced user of Excel and Argus Enterprise
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full driving license
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 5 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.