Macdonald & Company are currently working with a client that provides vast amounts of valuations and property advice to support taxation and benefits to the government and local authorities in England, Scotland and Wales. They also provide valuation and surveying services to wider public sector bodies.
They are currently looking for contingency staff to complement their existing workforce. This role is to lead on the development and defence of valuation schemes for non-domestic rating. Our client is open to either permanent hires paying up to £42,000 (£47,000 in London) or agency staff with competitive day rates.
The successful candidate will also provide leadership to valuation teams covering non-domestic rating work. You will need to understand the wider economic and commercial environment and have a good appreciation of legislation, case law and codes of practice.
The role will include:
- Property valuation to support local taxation, primarily three yearly revaluations for Non-Domestic Rates.
- Research and analysis of rental evidence to valuation schemes, having regard to effects of any proposed changes to valuations, making recommendations as required.
- Identifying, escalating and mitigating or managing risks and issues, using data from different sources and contacts, ensuring that these are raised with senior colleagues.
- Defending valuation schemes, including appearance at Valuation Tribunal.
- Undertaking selected casework where the outcome has a wider impact, setting frameworks or, where a high level of expertise is required, resolving the issues raised. You will also review broad evidence across and within schemes.
- Act as Lead Valuer, giving technical and valuation advice and guidance to other colleagues.
- Co-ordinating with colleagues to ensure a consistent and co-ordinated approach to valuations.
- You will have experience of valuing commercial properties for a broad range of purposes
- Our client is particularly interested in speaking with candidates who have experience of valuing commercial property for non-domestic rating with an understanding of the relevant legislation and taken cases to Valuation Tribunal.
Our client has a number of bases for which they are looking to make hires and we are interested in speaking with candidates based in the following areas:
- Croydon and
- Canary Wharf
If you are interested in having a further conversation and would like to know more please do not hesitate to get in touch.
T: 0207 318 5856