Our dedicated Project Management Team at RLB are responsible for seeing a project through from the initial planning stages to completion. Their main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with them.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Data Centre, Mixed Use, Sports and Retail clients and projects. Our Project Managers work in close contact with clients, advising them on financial matters, project risks, procurement and contract matters using our experience to provide an informed opinion.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for a hands-on, transactional-focused Project Director to lead a large-scale multiple build program of works in Riyadh. They will join an existing client focused team and will be able to demonstrate a broad range of project/program experience. The Project Director will be wholly accountable for the successful delivery of the program and must have experience in setting up best in class processes and procedures across the program.
- Act as Project Lead and provide strategic leadership on a large program of works.
- Oversee the projects from inception through to successful completion, managing a number of Project Managers from Assistant to Associate level and taking responsibility for overall delivery with an aim to securing repeat business.
- Attend Client meetings where strong diplomacy skills are essential.
- Undertaking line management and general unit management duties.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy or client environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or Construction related field preferably with a relevant master’s degree.
- MRICS or MCIOB.
- A strong track record of delivering projects in the role as Project Director. Extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Experience in delivering multiple build large scale projects across new build, refurbishment and fit out residential schemes managing large and complex residential projects from conception through to completion. Mixed Use, Hotels, and/ or Healthcare sector experience is also preferable
- Extremely competent and experienced, preferably with Middle East experience.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible.