All About Us
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a chartered quantity surveyor for our Bristol office. The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
All About The Role
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities, to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages (including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation) are performed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Producing accurate monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Undertaking value engineering and lifecycle costing
- Negotiating and concluding final accounts
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants at all project stages
- Leading a cost management team and ensuring that they deliver on the above accountabilities
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of the team
- Assisting in the marketing and development of the Bristol-based team
All About You
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Experience in working with GCCC and RIAI forms of contract
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Ability to run projects with minimal supervision and attend project meetings independently
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Currie & Brown UK is also proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which represents a promise by the company that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.