RFL Property Services - Programme Manager
£70,000 - £80,250
Pension: 5% employee contribution, 3% employer contribution
Annual leave: 25 days plus public holidays
37.5 hour week
Excellent career progression available
Riverview recruitment is delighted to be working with Royal Free London (RFL) Property Services to appoint a Programme Manager. This is an exciting time for the organisation and the role is an integral part of the transformational change for the estates workstream.
Formed in 2018, RFL Property Services (RFLPS) is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Free London Group (RFLG). Following formation RFLPS has embarked on a journey of transformational change in the way estate services are delivered within the NHS. As the leader for successfully developing and managing the Estate Solution Business Cases you will play an integral part of the Estate Redevelopment programme.
You will need to be creative, highly motivated and organized as you will participate in the evolution of the construction workstream on the West Hertfordshire Hospital Trust redevelopment scheme. Through effective stewardship you will take responsibility for capital development workstream, to ensure the business case objectives are achieved in terms of performance, time, cost and quality.
As the Programme Manager, you will have overall responsibility in the delivery and coordination of the estate solution of redevelopment schemes. Therefore, you must have significant successful experience in management and coordination of very complex and often competing programme objectives. You will be empowered to direct the strategy and make decisions within their delegated authority, with the purpose of the role to provide strategic leadership for the project team and agree common vision; values and objectives whilst being accountable for aspects of project planning and delivery and to be an expert in the field.
The core values of the RFL Group remain committed to innovation in patient care, teaching, research and development. It is working with its health and academic partners to create an Academic Health Sciences Centre, delivering a new vision for evidence-based design and healthcare services integrated with ground-breaking research and excellence in teaching.
The Directorate of Capital, Estates has a fundamental role in underpinning the activities of the Trust. The Directorate’s focus is to provide high quality hospital environment that enhance hospital experience for patients: through setting imaginative new standards in the physical and built environment, through a programme of improvements to the range of support services, and by fostering a strong overarching patient-focused approach.
You will need to be able to combine realism with openness and the clarity of expression to communicate the Strategies vision effectively. This will involve highly complex situations where there will be significant barriers to understanding. Owning and communicating the vision for the strategy and being its ‘champion', providing clear leadership and direction through the life of the programme is essential to its success. As the programme lead, you will be responsible for the production and maintenance of key programme information, including the Programme co-ordination, publication of individual project briefs and the preparation of business cases as required for sign-off by RFLPSL. Ensuring preparation of regular reporting against key performance indicators as required to meet the information requirements of executive directors, management executive and Board of Directors will be required. It is also necessary to maintain the alignment of the strategy programme to the organisation’s strategic direction and take responsibility for addressing the evolving clinical or business needs and emerging issues that impact on the programme. PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT – to outline the key attributes required
- Act as lead in the development of the Estates Solution
- Develop a total activity programme suite of documents for reporting and control of the overall programme
- Day to day management of the Master Projects Programme for BCF.
- Develop and manage a key event schedule detailing core Project outlines
- Ensuring that the project framework is effectively planned and managed in accordance with the agreed project management processes and the requirements of the Key Events Schedule, to provide the management information required to manage the overall programme.
- Analysing the Programme to identify critical interdependencies (logical, benefit and resources) and their impacts, reviewing options and recommending corrective action as appropriate.
- Managing the population and ongoing maintenance of the Master Programme, Key Events Schedule (KES) and other programmes as required, ensuring that they set out the current status and progress on individual projects
- Ensuring effective programme controls including planning, reporting, risk and issue management, quality and budget control (based on PRINCE2 and Managing Successful Programmes methodology and best practice), are consistently and effectively applied and in accordance with Trust guidelines
- Defining, taking responsibility for and communicating the programme’s governance framework and ensuring adherence to the framework
- Managing the introduction of change into the programme, forecasting potential outcomes and developing implementation/recovery strategies
- Preparing and presenting project updates and progress reviews as required, identifying in particular, programme and budget variations and significant risks/issues and opportunities to the Senior team
- Analyzing performance and reporting progress of the programme on a regular basis, and in the format required by the Senior Team
- Providing line management for the Project Manager, including recruitment, as necessary, setting objectives, work allocation, managing performance including undertaking appraisals, and addressing development and any attendance or disciplinary/grievance issues etc.
- Providing training and devising training packages for project managers and others in the agreed project management reporting processes, ensuring that project managers are fully aware of performance expectations
- Proven expertise to lead, plan, manage, interact with colleagues and deliver projects successfully in a spirit of cooperation
- Clear aptitude to engage with internal and external stakeholders and service providers and business partners to proactively manage the utility and value of the estate.
- Comprehensive ability to use Microsoft project and Oracle.
- Ability to analyze income and expenditure financial information rapidly and apply sound commercial acumen and sound technical knowledge to maximize value of healthcare estate
- Understanding of concept and Principles of Prince 2, and practical application
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Charted Construction professional RICS, RIBA, C Eng or similar
- Degree/Diploma in construction and contract management
- Diploma in Project Management
To view the full candidate information pack, please click here; https://online.flippingbook.com/view/718815713/
Closing date Monday 3rd May, followed by a two-stage interview process; 1st stage interview w/c 10th May and the 2nd stage interview w/c 17th May.
Riverview Recruitment have been retained to search and select the best candidates for this role, should you be interested in a confidential discussion then please call Maija Rousell (Director) on 0203 667 3111 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.