Faithful+Gould is looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Project Manager for its Project Management Team in Birmingham. The successful candidate will join an established team of project management and will play a key role in implementing our strategy for growth in key market sectors in the Midlands and across the UK.
You will demonstrate a proven track record in delivering effective and efficient project management services to clients, ideally within the UK. You will show a commitment to continuous improvement through learning and development and help to develop new business opportunities as you broaden your experience and deepen your client understanding. You will be eager to contribute to our strategic growth and initiatives that develop or technical excellence.
- Perform the Senior Project Manager role for commercial projects in design and/or construction phases.
- Provide leadership to direct and manage the project team.
- Being an ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Supporting the development of new business opportunities in line with business strategy and looking for market opportunities for new or repeat business.
- Lead or support on the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions.
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in a construction discipline.
- A professional member of a recognised professional institution (MRICS, MAPM or equivalent).
- A positive, collaborative and innovative approach able to work on your own initiative.
- Experience of building positive Client relationships and business networks.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams & delivering successful projects through a recognised project management methodology
- Sound technical project management knowledge demonstrating established experience and aptitude.
- Experience of administering standard UK building contracts (NEC and JCT forms) and ability to advise on appropriate procurement routes is essential.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to the UK construction industry.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- A valid UK driving licence.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. In particular we would anticipate that having an interest in workplace transformation would be a decisive factor in wanting to join Faithful+Gould. There is an expectation that to become a champion for the sector, it will be necessary to attend webinars on best practice, understand key developments in a rapidly changing and highly responsive sector and feedback, offer insight and contribute towards the continual improvement of our service offering.
Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.