Head of Asset Management
£53,941 per annum
The position will be home based and in time there may be a requirement to regularly access a London office (approximately once a week)
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Asset Management, a key strategic role within the Property & Facilities Service of The Salvation Army. The portfolio of 3,000 sites, is predominantly freehold properties including residential, Churches, social centres, charity shops and offices.
The role includes leading on the strategic direction of the Asset Management function whilst also being responsible for all acquisitions, disposals, lease management and residential housing management across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
You will have a proven track record of working at a senior level within the property industry, you will be able to think strategically, influence decision making, lead a team and manage suppliers and clients.
- To develop and manage the Asset Management strategies for The Salvation Army
- To manage an effective estates management service throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland
- To provide strategic advice to Trustees and stakeholders on estate management issues maximising income and capital receipts
- To manage a multi-disciplinary team to ensure an effective and compliant estates service is provided
- To ensure compliance with all legislation and to manage risk via detailed due diligence processes
- Client and supplier management
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant corporate property experience at a senior level, preferably within the Charity Sector
- MRICS / FRICS qualification with a relevant degree being desirable but not essential
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to think strategically, facilitate evidence-based decision making and communicate effectively at all levels
- A proven track record in influencing data management systems and discipline to maximise visibility and decision making in a large, diverse portfolio
- Knowledge of the property legislative framework including Charities Act, Housing Acts, HMOs, L&T and planning law
This is a permanent position attached to our Territorial Headquarters currently located at 101 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6BN. Within the next 1-2 years the current office in Newington Causeway will be vacated. New flexible working arrangements are being developed in Central London area to reflect the changed world of work that has arisen following the Covid-19 pandemic.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK
CVs will not be accepted. Promoting equality in the workplace.
Fleet car, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; employee assistance
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing Date: Thursday 6th May 2021
Interview Date: 12th May 2021