We are delighted to be partnering with our client who are a private investment & development company specialising in mainly commercial and some residential property across the South East of England. This newly created Development Director role will join the exiting Senior Management team and will report directly into the current Managing Director.
The role is responsible for the formulation and delivery of the Groups development strategy overseeing and guiding the development team, ensuring that the business maximises the value of its existing portfolio of assets through best practice and innovation as well as helping to identify and deliver further opportunities.
The successful candidate will already be operating at a senior level, with a proven real estate development background and successful track record of delivering from acquisition to completion of large, sophisticated development projects within the UK.
- You will hold a property related degree alongside a professional qualification such as MRICS or similar.
- A pro-active approach, with the ability to take a strategic overview as well as working in a hands-on fashion.
- Have held a senior level leadership position within a client side organisation.
- The vision to see the potential of developments and the initiative to consider alternative approaches and solutions to maximise the value of a development.
- An open minded approach, listening to others and weighing up opinions before reaching decisions.
- Ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Track record of Development - Out of town retail, Office, Mixed use, Residential, Industrial.
- Proven ability to work across all development work streams from site sourcing and acquisition, through the planning and delivery phases to handover.