Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Associate Director or Director level Commercial Agency Surveyor to join a regionally leading independent firm of Chartered Surveyors in Hampshire.
The business are a well-respected independent firm of Chartered Surveyors, with a local reputation for providing professional Commercial Property Consultancy services to a range of clients across the South Coast.
Along with their Professional and Property Management services, the business also operates a successful Commercial Agency department. It is here that an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Associate Director or Director level Chartered Surveyor to join the team, with the view of being directly responsible for the business' Commercial Agency offering.
Your new role
As the Associate Director / Director of Commercial Agency, you will be responsible for running and developing the department, whilst providing a professional and efficient level of service to clients. Although it is expected that you will generate new clients, the business currently works with a range of private clients, investors, family trusts and regional Prop Cos, providing an end-to-end service on commercial property agency instructions. Typically, this will consist of properties within the key sectors such as, retail, office and industrial.
Key responsibilities may include -
- Day-to-day running of the Commercial Agency department
- Attend regular internal Director meetings and provide updates on P&L
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of clients with regards to commercial agency instructions
- Managing property acquisitions, disposals, new lettings and leases
- Undertaking property marketing, viewings and market research
- Liaise regularly with solicitors, property agents and other third parties
- Identifying business development opportunities and networking with prospective clients
- Attend client meetings and provide regular updates on progress
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS or FRICS qualified, with significant PQE
- A strong track record within a Commercial Agency role
- Currently working at Associate Director or Director level within a property consultancy environment
- Ideally have a strong understanding of the South Coast property market, with a network of local contacts
- Strong geographical knowledge of the South Coast region
- High levels of commercialism, professionalism and excellent client facing skills
- Strengths and evident experience of developing working relationships within Commercial Property
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Company Car Allowance
- Generous Discretionary Bonus
- Company Shareholder Opportunity
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension, Free Parking, Etc
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744