The important bit - you
If you are an engaged and energetic building surveyor who wants to make great money working at an amazing company then keep reading!
Harrison Clarke are a niche building consultancy with an entrepreneurial streak, set up in 2017 to offer high quality building advice to local property investors and tenants.
We are looking for someone who wants to be, and feel, integral to the success of our business and our clients’ businesses. Don’t be put off by our size - we use a higher base salary in relation to billing targets so you can still earn well here! We are a close, loyal and hardworking team and this is reflected in our reward and recognition approach.
Do you prefer to be your own boss? No problem! You will be in charge of building your own career, influencing the types of instructions accepted and working in a way that suits you. More importantly, you will be supported to develop your skillsets in whatever direction you choose.
We are particularly interested in candidates who are curious and able to see instructions in a wider commercial context. We love people that are self-starters and want to make our clients’ lives as easy as possible. So good stakeholder management skills are a must as well as the ability to interpret client briefs effectively.
If you are adaptable, take pride in your work and have a collaborative mindset we would love to hear from you.
We have recently grown our residential surveys service line and are looking for a full time building surveyor to join our friendly and sociable team, providing Homebuyer Reports and Building Surveys. Your role will entail inspecting and reporting upon a range of properties from one-bedroom flats to large country houses worth well in excess of £1m. The majority of properties will be based around South Hampshire, though there will be opportunities to travel further afield.
There will also be opportunities to work on commercial instructions and to gain experience in dealing with Party Wall matters, dilapidations, and contract administration, amongst other service lines.
Our office is located in Southampton, though work (when not inspecting properties) can be split between our office and at home, to suit the applicant.
- You will be preparing Homebuyer Reports and Building Surveys for private clients looking to purchase their next home or investment, providing a reliable, consistent and quality service.
- You will be building relationships with solicitors, mortgage advisers and estate agents, and building your own personal contact base in the local area.
- You will produce detailed reports that reflect Harrison Clarke’s commitment to our clients to be client focused and providing them with the best possible service and advice.
- You will be supporting the Director on commercial surveying instructions, dependent on workload and desire to diversify your skill set.
Benefits of working with Harrison Clarke
- Flexible working with the option to work from our Southampton office or home.
- Competitive salary with clear, reasonable targets and defined bonus structure.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Friendly and entrepreneurial working environment.
- We will provide you with a mobile phone, iPad and laptop to ensure you have the best technology to help you carry out your role.
- Training and support will be provided to suit the needs of the applicant.
Due to RICS Regulations, the candidate will at a minimum be an AssocRICS qualified surveyor, though we would also love to speak with MRICS or FRICS qualified surveyors.
- Attention to detail is a must, identifying issues and defects, as well as providing well considered and appropriate advice on remedial work.
- Hardworking and driven with a positive work ethic.
- Ability to independently manage and organise your own workload.
- Hold a full UK driving licence with access to personal transport.
- Recent experience in undertaking residential surveys.
If this sounds like you or you would like to know more, send us your CV and covering letter with a bit about yourself and why you feel you will fit in at Harrison Clarke. We cannot wait to meet you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£55,000.00 per year