£20,493 - £21,748
Closing Date: 12/05/2021
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
We're looking for a Property Technician for 12 months maternity cover - so if you're a quick learner with an eye for detail and you have a keen interest in property, then we would love to hear from you. Supporting the Senior Property Technician and the wider Estates team in all estate management matters, your focus will be on administering the property database and raising invoices and purchase orders to ensure our records are kept up to date, our suppliers are paid on time, and the level of rent and service charge debt owed to the council is minimised. You should have experience in working with databases and be familiar with financial systems. This is an ideal role for someone wanting to start off a career in property management as undoubtedly the experience you will get working in the Property & Facilities here at MKC will be valuable.
- To ensure that the properties within the portfolio of responsibility for management are administered to a profession standard.
- To support the Estates team in all estate management matters, ensuring that the client demand is met within reasonable timeframes.
- To ensure the Councils property management database is up to date and run reports as required.
- To ensure general enquiries and appropriate property investigations are administered effectively.
- Manage all aspects of commercial invoicing and PO’s for the portfolio.
- Assisting the senior estates technician with debt monitoring, liaising with debtors for implementation of payment plans and debt recovery action.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Fluent in PC usage, particularly Microsoft office.
- Experience in managing databases.
- Capable of the management and monitoring of commercial debt.
- Excellent attention to detail in particularly in record keeping.
- Ability to plan and implement own resources effectively in order to achieve objectives and service targets.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Opportunity for home and flexible working
- Mobile phone and IT equipment for remote working