£45,859 - £50,654
Closing Date: 12/05/2021
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
This is an exciting time to work for Milton Keynes Council. We are planning some major changes to our property asset portfolio and you will have chance to make your mark in a role with great responsibility. We will rely on your expert input to deliver the Corporate Property Strategy, and crucially, you will also bring your professional and technical expertise to bear on a large and varied portfolio of operational and commercial property. As Development Surveyor, you will be integral to the delivery of of our Corporate Property Strategy and Asset Rationalisation Plan. Working alongside the Development Manager, you will take responsibility for the delivery of a range of complex property transactions relating to development appraisals, valuation, disposals and land assembly. You'll be working working with project managers as as part of multi-disciplinary teams through all stages of a project to provide complex advice and guidance. So, if you have experience in delivering property developments or deals, including financial appraisals and you want the challenge of working in a fast paced team, then we'd love to hear from you!
- Support and deputise for the Development Manager in ensuring the council’s estate is fit-for-purpose and sustainable and that the requirements of the Corporate Property Strategy are delivered
- Carry out options appraisals and feasibility studies to ensure that the Council meets its obligations under S123 of the Local Government Act and which maximises the financial or social return to the Council
- Undertake the acquisition and disposal of land and property, from initial due diligence through to instructing legal services upon agreement of terms and continuing to liaise thereafter as necessary.
- To work with and assist project managers as necessary and form part of multi-disciplinary teams through all stages of a project, being engaged in all property-based aspects of the proposals.
- Carry out financial/risk appraisals of schemes and reports for approval and ensuring that risk assessments are updated for all schemes and that progress reports are made and presented.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Degree and RICS qualified with significant post qualification experience preferably within local government
- Experience in delivering property developments or deals, including financial appraisals
- Experience of working with and developing new arrangements with partners including elected members and external agencies
- Experience of delivering the outcomes of an asset management plan or asset rationalisation programme to deliver that programmes objectives
- Experience of working on a range of complex property transactions with the ability to accurately instruct professional services and understand detailed points of property law.
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Training and development opportunities, including CPD
- Opportunity for home and flexible working
- Mobile phone and IT equipment for remote working