Snr Project Manager - client side - for large capital works schemes
Your new company
Hays Property & Surveying are working with a large education provider to source a Senior Project Manager (Capital Works) paying 52-60K.
Your new role
Working on medium to large scale refurbishment/new build schemes up to £14m and reporting to the Head of Capital Works, you will play an integral role of coordinating and directing all key internal and external stakeholder input into the project.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the successful programme and project management delivery on a number of projects of varying size and complexity.
- Providing a full range of programme and project management services relating to major capital development programmes as well as individual projects across a complex estate portfolio
- Ensuring that value and risk management techniques are applied at the outset of a programme or project in conjunction with the Head of Capital Works where appropriate, and developing a culture of risk and value awareness and management within programme and project delivery teams
Working with the Senior Project team and external consultants, you will also be responsible for:
- Timelines and the achievement of project milestones
- Managing the project budget
- Managing all risks associated with the project to include the development and monitoring of contingency plans.
- Establishing and maintaining close links and regular communication with all operational managers to ensure a seamless service delivery.
- Leading and planning completion and post-project phases
What you'll need to succeed
It is expected that applicants would have a building surveying or project management or construction management related degree as well as possessing strong team working skills and a high degree of self-assurance and professional credibility.
Ideally have experience working either for an end user directly within their capital works team, or working for a project management consultancy working with an end client. This is education, but healthcare, commercial local authority, large private estates etc would all be relevant.
What you'll get in return
The organisation are one of the larger and important employers in the local area, and pride themselves on ensuring the best environment and this role enables you to directly control this. There are generous budgets available for capital developments, and many exciting and cutting edge projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.