General Practice Surveyor Horsham Area
Why are we successful at Arun Estates?
Because we love what we do….
And so recruiting the right people is vital to our business and you could be just the person we are looking for!
Arun Estates is the largest independent estate agency in the South East of England with over 100 offices. We are expanding our in-house property team and are looking for a General Practice Surveyor with a background in commercial property management to cover a varied portfolio of trading premises and assets. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a successful and long established privately owned business as part of a tight-knit team working across a range of projects including an extensive refurbishment programme.
The successful candidate will be confident in managing their time effectively, offering excellent service to colleagues across the business and with a passion for effective property management and safe working practices.
The responsibilities of this interesting and diverse role will include;
- Advising the business on Landlord & Tenant matters
- Undertaking lease renewal/rent review work, securing external valuation advice where necessary
- Working with Solicitors to agree lease documentation
- Sublet estate management
- Contributing to accounting matters including periodic revaluations
- General portfolio and asset management tasks
- Building reinstatement cost assessments
- Property inspections, condition assessments, defect investigation
- Management of planned and reactive maintenance works
- Close liaison with the Health & Safety team to ensure premises compliance and record keeping
- Contractor liaison and management
- Instructing specialist inspections
- Maintaining property records and systems
- Effective communication and support to Landlords/Tenants/Colleagues
- Support the drive for continual improvement within the business
- Travel across sites around the South East
You will be a Member of RICS with a background in general practice and property management and possess a proactive and positive outlook. You must hold a full driving licence, enjoy travelling and the ability to work independently and effectively. You will be dealing with colleagues, tenants, contractors and a range of outside organisations so strong and effective communication skills are a must. Experience of CDM regulations would be an advantage. Applications will be considered from candidates with Associate RICS membership (AssocRICS) who wish to develop toward Chartered status.
Start Date: ASAP
Basic salary: £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
Location: Horsham/Crawley/Horley area (as a central point to cover South East office network)
Remote working is a possibility
Hours: Monday to Friday 08.45 to 18.00
Benefits: Company Car or Car Allowance, 33 days paid holiday, Pension, Life Insurance, Healthcare, Employee Assistance Scheme