Development Manager - Quadrant
Quadrant is a leading UK operating partner with an expertise in Central London development and UK retail & leisure. The business was founded 24 years ago and has a strong track record of investing in, developing and managing UK real estate through full market cycles. It has a unique level of technical expertise and prides itself on attention to detail when designing, delivering and managing its projects. It works extremely closely with the professional teams on its projects. Quadrant has strong, valued, relationships with institutional capital from the private equity, insurance and pension fund world.
Quadrant is looking to expand its Central London office development team with a Development Manager that will focus on project delivery and can drive projects from initial feasibility and design, through to construction and handover. The successful candidate, under the stewardship and tutelage of the partners, will be tasked with effectively “owning” the project(s), leading and managing external consultants, and challenging their input where necessary, thus protecting the interests of Quadrant and other development stakeholders.
The role will encompass all aspects of the development management role. While there will be a focus on project delivery from appraisal, through design, procurement and construction to handover, it will also include responsibility for branding, marketing, leasing, supporting debt procurement, capital and debt calls, leading debt reporting, project reporting to investors and being responsible for the efficient administration of the project.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of the design and delivery stages of a development project and a commercial and strategic appreciation of the investment considerations, as well as a clear desire to be involved, in detail, in all of the aspects that affect the success of a development project. Experience of front-end development management, advising and supporting investment, feasibility, acquisition and due diligence stages is also beneficial. Responsibilities:
The overall goal is to take ownership and be responsible for all the parts of the office development project, starting under the guidance of the development team partners, but quickly growing into the role so that you can lead the project with the trust and support of the Quadrant partners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategic overview of design and planning submissions
- Risk and value management
- Selection, procurement, appointment of consultants/sub consultants
- Leading, challenging, and managing the professional team
- Tender analysis, procurement and selection/ appointment of contractors in conjunction with QS and project managers
- Maintaining progress against programme by leading and driving the project(s)
- Manage the marketing and leasing teams and process
- Cost monitoring in collaboration with the PQS, including interrogation of reports and figures
- Reporting and presentation of project progress against programme to both internal and external stakeholders
- Written reporting
- Cashflow, budget and investment model maintenance and reporting
- Bank reporting and monitoring
- Managing monthly invoice and payment run, collate from Project Manager and vendors, commercially approve, process
- Monitoring quality of delivery
- Undertaking investment due diligence for new projects
- Conduct site appraisals and feasibility analysis
- Initiative – An individual who will seek solutions themselves and consult with partners to ensure that their rationale is sound
- Numeracy / commercial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Ambition – Drive to succeed, and acceptance that they may need to work hard to achieve the best results
- Humility – A recognition that they are not the finished article, and a desire/ willingness to absorb information from colleagues and stakeholders
- Hunger to learn and ask questions
- Passion for the construction/ development industry
- Resilience – Someone who will thrive when taken out of their comfort zone
- Confidence and conviction in abilities, but not at the detriment of humility!
- Collegiate – Both internally with the wider team, and externally with the project team
- Comfortable mixing with all parties of the industry, from sub-contractors, local councillors to reporting to senior management of institutional capital