Our client prides itself of providing an outstanding physical and mental environment that support our residents to stay active, healthy and sociable in later life. The role of Health & Safety Manager will play a critical part in shaping and supporting the management of health, safety and wellbeing for our clients future. It will significantly improve H&S management, by; the seamless inclusion of H&S in all aspects of village life, the creation of new H&S standards and policies, simple and effective H&S reporting and, first class H&S training. Above all, the role will be an advocate for H&S in the business, the go-to person for help, guidance and support and contribute to the safe growth of our clients business.
To support the ambition and operation of our client, you are an individual who is self-sufficient, driven and capable of delivering outstanding projects with the constraints of working on operational sites. Key Responsibilities:
- To procure and performance manage specialist contractors delivering key H&S services; e.g. risk assessments, asbestos management, CDM assurance
- To provide day to day tactical H&S support for the whole business, including H&S advice, policy awareness, address training queries.
- To work collaboratively with HR and other teams to help embed health, wellbeing and mental health improvement plans.
- To provide support with the completion of risk assessments, inductions and H&S process improvements as required.
- To form part of the procurement process for new suppliers with H&S risk profiling and due diligence.
- To be responsible for the preparation and approval of an annual health and safety budget and effectively manage the budget.
H&S Policy and standards:
- To lead and own the creation and updating of company H&S policy with the support of other teams.
- To be aware of upcoming changes in legislation and support the business in effectively adapting to those changes, e.g. building fire safety.
- To lead and manage the accreditation of ISO45001, and/or other H&S standards and manage future audits and inspections.
- To own and implement an effective H&S reporting structure, with an appropriate tool or tools, including incident reporting.
- To report on compliance with H&S legislation and within the company’s H&S policies, including board reports.
- To proactively lead on managing a health and safety training program with approved suppliers.
- To lead H&S investigations in line with relevant policies, instruct specialists and legal advisors as required and manage lessons learnt.
- To liaise and deal with relevant enforcement agencies as required.
- To act as a trusted business partner, by building and maintaining excellent collaborative relationships with all teams to ensure outstanding H&S across the business.
- To consistently challenge performance where it falls short of expected standards and highlight areas of outperformance that can be replicated elsewhere.
Please contact me as soon as possible to discuss this excellent vacancy!!