Asset Management Specialists
Salary: £36,922 - £38,890 Grade H
Hours: 37 hours per week (Part time or job share may be considered)
Job Ref: AMS
Closing date for applications Friday 14 May 2021 at 17:00
Interviews: w/c 24 May 2021
We are seeking 2 Estates Surveyors to help manage the Council’s property assets, which consist of operational offices and depots, shops and industrial buildings and a wide range of other land and buildings including public open space, sports facilities and new mixed developments. Applicants should be an RICS qualified estates surveyor, experienced in dealing with landlord and tenant issues, legal documents, building management and compliance issues. A Registered Valuer status would be beneficial.
The Property Assets Team answers numerous and broad ranging enquiries from internal officers and the wider public and is focussed on delivering a service to all customers. A high level of interaction with tenants and other customers is necessary, as well as liaison with solicitors, property agents and technical consultants. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and will be confident in concluding case work within approval parameters. They will take responsibility for their cases and any enquiries which come their way, managing their own workload and ensuring that all necessary administration is concluded properly.
Our Asset Management Specialists are required to provide professional and technical advice and contribute their expertise to a range of Council functions. They manage complex cases and mentor other Team members and support staff. A broad experience including working within a Local Government environment is desirable, alongside a commitment to the Council’s core values and strategic plans, focussing on our customers, mitigating climate change and encouraging prosperity and economic regeneration.
For more information on the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.