Park Avenue are currently looking for an experienced Estates Surveyor to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Hampshire.
The position will be working within the councils Investment Team, who manage a substantial and interesting commercial property portfolio including office, industrial, retail and leisure assets.
Duties in the role
- Carrying out day to day investment portfolio duties arising from the commercial assets (directly let properties - predominately small business units and some small retail units, plus also some ground leased assets) including; Rent reviews, negotiating new lettings, lease renewals and generally dealing with all landlord and tenant matters arising including processing applications for landlord's consent, surrenders and dilapidations. Debt monitoring and income management are also an ongoing focus at present.
- Estate management of multi-let properties including managing service charges and budgeting
- Undertaking valuations
What you need
- The candidate to this role will need to be an RICS qualified General Practice Surveyor
- At least 2 years post qualification experience in a commercial property environment with a good working knowledge and understanding of commercial leases
- Able to provide professional advice on estate management matters and the ability to manage a commercial portfolio caseload with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills dealing with customers, colleagues and stakeholders
- At present the role would be predominantly working from home with regular team interactions via Microsoft Teams / Skype / phone, although occasional working from the office may be necessary. Site visits / meetings will arise due to the portfolio managed.
The position will be for an initial 3 month contract and there has already been indication that an extension is possible.
The role will be completely remote based with visits to the office when the work requires it.
The contract will run off a 37 hour week.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in