Project Manager (Major Works)
Project Manager (Capital Works) - Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Your new company
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea has developed their Property Services team within the last two to three years. They pride themselves on working collaboratively with residents and being technical experts within their field. The team have a supportive, friendly culture which in turn provides a comfortable working environment.
Your new role
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of individual contracts and call off projects from the RBKC’s procured contractor and consultants frameworks within the current budget of circa £50m (for the next three years) for the Capital, Cyclical and M&E works programmes.
You will have responsibility from inception to final account of approximately between £5 - £15 million per year, you will be responsible for the delivery of capital building projects within the Councils capital programme, ensuring effective outcomes, delivery on time, within budget, representing value for money, contribute to the development, delivery, management and monitoring of the organisation’s.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. RICS/CIOB) or qualified by experience
- Qualification in Project Management (e.g. APM or equivalent)
- Experience of contract management and procurement
- Operational experience within public sector housing or similar environment carrying out major works schemes
- Experience of managing a minimum of £5 million per year
- Experience of reviewing specifications/designs and challenging consultants/contractors
- Experience in producing a feasibility report
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of £49,916 up to £57,335, often with annual pay rises along with full local authority package inclusive of the Local Government Pension Scheme, 30 days holiday plus an additional 8 public holidays. The opportunity of flexible working including working from home and local retail discounts.
What you need to do now
This role is being managed exclusively by Diana Amalinei at Hays Property & Surveying and for a confidential discussion please contact our retained advisor.
The closing date for applications is 10th May 2021 with client interviews taking place during the week commencing 17th May 2021. All direct and 3rd party applications will be forward to their retained advisors, Hays Property & Surveying.