We are a firm of Chartered Building Surveyors looking for a Senior Building Surveyor to join our growing team situated on Fleet Street.
The role consists of a good balance of project/professional building surveying disciplines giving the successful surveyor a varied workload ranging from dilapidation surveys to project delivery in the commercial, residential and industrial sectors.
The candidate must be a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and have a minimum of 3 years’ post qualified experience working for a commercial private practice. This role would suit an experienced chartered building surveyor seeking that next step up in their career or a senior building surveyor hoping to be a more integral part of a growing team.
- Design & specification
- Contract administration / project management
- Dilapidations (acting for both landlord and tenant)
- Party Wall and neighbourly matters
- Technical due diligence
- Reinstatement cost assessments
- Building pathology and defect diagnosis
Experience and qualifications:
- Private practice/consultancy background
- MRICS (3+ years PQE)
- Experienced and competent in carrying out core duties
- Client-facing demeanour
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business development and networking skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious and organised
- A team player with a willingness to develop and learn new skills
- Ability to bring clients with you (although not essential)
Salary and other compensation:
- £50,000 - £55,000 (DOE)
- Generous performance-based bonus
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working options available
- Professional fees
- Company iPhone and laptop
- Fun working environment
- Contributory pension
- Free use of gym
We are a hardworking group of surveyors that believe in a good work life balance and thrive on an enjoyable working environment. As the saying goes ‘A happy worker is a productive worker’ and we fully embrace this philosophy at Palmer Glew.
If you think this role is suitable for you please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.