Senior Chartered Surveyor/Associate - Real Estate Valuations
As part of supporting our audit service line, you will join a growing team of over 750 relationship-driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our audit teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' businesses, stakeholder confidence and the credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
As a Senior Survey/Associate you will play a pivotal role in shaping the support of our real estate valuations service that the Audit Quality Team provides to our auditors.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with audit teams across the UK to review valuations and supporting information provided by their audited entities.
- Attend and external meetings and conference calls between audit teams, clients and their advisors.
- Assist in delivering reports concluding whether the values proposed are reasonable highlighting any areas of risk.
- Provide support on tenders and proposals for new Audit engagements where valuation expertise is required including attending and potentially presenting at formal pitches as necessary.
- Building strong working relationships with clients both internal and external, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Assist the team in sharing market and technical knowledge by delivering training and presentations to the audit teams on real estate matters.
- Assist the team to deliver the business plan by providing specialist valuation expertise in order to help to deliver on firm wide audit quality goals.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- MRICS qualified and ideally have RICS Registered Valuer status.
- Have a good understanding of the RICS Valuation, Professional Standards and their implication for valuations.
- Extensive valuation experience across a range of property sectors.
- Good knowledge of methodological approaches and technical issues involved in the valuation process including development appraisals.
- Knowledge of property “general practice” matters including leases, legal titles, environmental and construction issues and the impact on value.
- Understand and analyse property valuations, development appraisals, cash flows using input from your own research and contacts
- Experience in building strong relationships whilst working within a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture.
- Exceptional communication skills with a well-developed ability to write concise reports along with the ability to discuss, present any property matters to the audit team and clients when required.
- Diligence, with an eye for forensically analysing reports, valuations and data.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.