This role deals with planning applications, planning appeals and pre-application enquiries related to strategic site allocations and major development proposals. This position plays an important role in enabling the Strategic Major Sites Team to examine, process and evaluate planning and related applications.
My client is a public sector organisation based in Gloucestershire.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Planning Officer are:
- Undertaking site inspections, negotiations and preparation of reports
- Lead negotiations with developers, their agents and third parties for applications and Section 106 contributions
- Attend internal and external meetings, providing advice to colleagues and outside bodies
- Prepare written appeal statements, present evidence at hearings and court proceedings
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Town Planning or a related subject
- Have full membership of Royal Town Planning Institute or working towards membership
- Demonstrate considerable relevant experience in planning practice
- Have a clear understanding of planning policy and legislation
This role comes with a competitive starting salary of £37,890, the enrolment of the LGPS and an agile working model.