Quantity Surveyor Consultant (Construction Disputes)
Have you recently started a career in quantity surveying and keen for a new challenge? This is a great opportunity to join and continue to develop with our team and you do not necessarily need prior experience in a consulting environment. Due to growth we are hiring Associates and Senior Associates to join our Construction Disputes & Advisory practice.
Our Construction Disputes team assists organisations in the resolution of some of the world’s largest, most complex and high-profile construction disputes. The team is part of our wider global Construction Disputes & Advisory business, which consist of over 200 highly experienced quantum, delay and capital project specialists, located all over the world.
Our quantum experts are primarily involved in dispute resolution, litigation support and expert witness testimony, cost and damages analysis, claims assessment, schedule analysis, technical issue analysis and account evaluation services. We are growing our practice and looking for a ‘rising star’ to complement our talented team. This is a key role, operating in a fast-paced culture, and will suit a candidate with the ambition and desire to grow and develop into an independent expert, whilst we provide the opportunity and training to support you in that endeavour.
You will work from our London office. However, we support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
The international nature of our work means that successful candidates should be prepared to travel globally, sometimes at short notice. You will have the opportunity to broaden your experience by working on complex and landmark projects in the construction and engineering sector all over the globe including the UK.
Why Join Ankura:
- Opportunities to work on some of the largest and most high-profile projects.
- To work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, alongside senior leaders of our business.
- The opportunity to learn quickly and influence the growth and development of our team.
- Fantastic personal and professional development opportunities and the ability to learn from experts in their fields.
- Exposure to senior clients and an opportunity to build your own client relationships.
- We’re looking for bright and ambitious individuals to join our growing London-based team to play an integral part of that growth. You will work as part of a team delivering client engagements, with considerable contact with our clients. As an Associate, you will have post-graduate work experience and your role will include:
- Supporting the analysis of claims including variations, prolongation and disruption claims.
- Perform advanced data research, management and analysis.
- Working alongside our clients supporting the delivery of expert analysis and reports.
- Participating in the development of our business and supporting in the preparation of bids and proposals.
- Supporting the operational management and development of our team.
As an integral member of our team, you will:
- Be passionate about infrastructure and major projects.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Be highly motivated, self-starting, curious and have a hunger to learn and develop yourself.
- Be agile and flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and be able to apply yourself to new situations.
- Be self-aware, enjoy working in a team environment and collaborating with others.
- Have a sense of personal responsibility for the quality of your work.
- Have experience in one or more of the following areas: procurement, contracts and commercial management, project controls, monitoring and reporting, governance, assurance, disputes.
- Have solid analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills, and be proficient in data analysis techniques and technology, particularly with Excel.
- Have a strong academic background and be working towards membership of RICS.