Chartered Surveyors specialising in Residential Property, are looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join their team. You will ideally be located in Newport or Cardiff areas and have the facility to work from home. They also have a requirement in Swindon so if that's a preferred location please still get in touch.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Carry out defect insurance diagnosis reports
- Carry out residential property pre-acquisition Building Surveys
- Project manage/coordinate production of any investigative specialist reports required to address insurance reinstatement
- Produce schedules of repair, etc and tender docs
- Produce pre tender estimate reports
- Manage tender process in conjunction with policy holder and loss adjuster
- Carry out tender analysis reports
- Prepare contract documents (typically JCT standard form)
- Update the loss adjuster with monthly progress reports throughout PM /CA process
- Contract Administer reinstatement works in accordance with spec, schedule and contract.
- Chair site meetings, etc
- Liaise with Policy holder(s) to ensure they are kept fully informed at all times.
- Certify all contract stages of JCT, as necessary
- Produce and agree contractor’s final accounts.
You must be a Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS) with post qualification experience in a similar role so you are confident to hit the ground running. VRS would be desirable but not essential.
Due to the nature of the role and extent of travel you must have a valid UK driving license and access to a vehicle for business use.
A high level of IT proficiency is essential with technical knowledge and competence is required along with a proven ability to build long lasting professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
£40.000-£55,000 salary guide only Salary will depending on your level of experience and ability.
Benefits include a profit related bonus scheme, car allowance, pension contributions, annual leave increasing with each year of service, flexible working hours and more.
CV's will be reviewed and successful applicants will be contacted and provided with the client details. Only with your permission is your CV submitted.