My client, a Property Consultancy based in Hertfordshire, is looking to hire an experienced Commercial Property Manager on a 12 month FTC with flexible working arrangements.
Working closely with their Retail, Business Space and Building Consultancy Teams, the Property Management Team offers a comprehensive management service for owners of Retail, Commercial and Industrial properties. They manage a variety of premises including single and multi-tenanted Offices, Industrial estates and Shopping centres.
The responsibilities will be varied; however, the role includes, management of various properties, service charge budgeting and management, tenant liaison, reviewing and reporting on tenant applications, assistance with due diligence of disposals and acquisitions, property inspections and the management of third-Party suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Assisting the Associate with the overseeing the day to day maintenance of leasehold properties.
- Oversee the day to day, contracted and cyclical maintenance.
- Assist with project management of major internal and external works along with the relevant professional consultants.
- Liaise with Local Authorities and Government bodies to ensure we are adhering to relevant regulations.
- Manage onsite contractors.
- Extensive travel all over the UK completing site inspections, and reporting to the client on the risks etc.
- Assist the accounts team with the Issuing and collection of service charge and ground rent arrears.
- Assisting the Associate with producing budgets, including reserve funding for the forthcoming years for landlord approval.
- Assisting the Associate oversee budgets, year-end accounts, and quarterly client statement process to ensure timescales are met.
- Ensure insurance claims are being processed efficiently and correctly.
- Ensure Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to and that the general fire risk assessments are completed.
- Ensuring that company policies and procedures are consistently applied to required standards.
- At least 3+ years in Commercial Property Management.
- Detailed knowledge and proven understanding of commercial leases.
- Well organised, attention to detail, ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A good level of business acumen.
Candidate must have:
- Good understanding of Health and Safety Legislation and typical risk appropriate to commercial property management.
- Good understanding of Property Management systems ie Tramps
- Good understanding of UK landlord and tenant legislation.
- Good understanding of insolvency legislation as it affects Property Management.
- Strong Property Management knowledge and background.
- Experience of using Tramps
- Good business development skills.
- Clean driving licence and access to a vehicle.