Hays Property and Surveying are seeking two Senior Building Surveyors to join a leading Property Consultancy on the South Coast.
The business are a leading property consultancy with several offices located across the South Coast. They operate across a number of disciplines within the commercial and residential property sector, holding a strong reputation among the industry. Their Building Consultancy Team are currently going through a period of growth and, as such, are looking to appoint two Senior Building Surveyors to join their South Coast business. The opportunities will ideally be based in their Bournemouth and Hampshire offices, depending on the geographical preference of the successfully appointed.
Your new role
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing a range of project and professional related Building Consultancy services on behalf of a portfolio of clients. Typically, your clients will vary from Local Authorities, Government Bodies, Private Landlords, Occupiers, Institutional Funds and Developers. Here, you will work closely with a team of Surveyors to provide an efficient and professional advisory service.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Prepare building specifications, tenders and undertake contract administration.
- Advise on and prepare PPM schedules, dilapidations and building pathology reports.
- Provide Project Management services including property fit-outs, refurbishments and alterations, development monitoring and contract procurement.
- Undertake insurance re-instatement cost assessments and advise clients on major losses.
- Undertake pre-acquisition surveys, party wall advice and other general building related advice.
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified, with preferably 2 - 3 years PQE (newly qualified will be considered)
- Demonstrable experience of working within a Building Consultancy environment
- Experience and knowledge of undertaking a range of professional Building Surveying work
- Ideally have project management and contract administration experience.
- Sound knowledge of building contract forms, such as JCT
- Strong skills in report writing and identifying building defects.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.