Park Avenue are currently looking for an experienced Head of Operational Property to work with one of our Local Authority clients in London.
Duties in the role
- To lead and manage the Operational Property team (OP team), optimising the Council's c.500 operational property assets to meet corporate objectives and support Council services.
- Act as the Council's official Corporate Landlord. Lead on, and implement, the Corporate Landlord Policy and approach, ensuring commercial efficacy and manage and monitor statutory compliance across the operational estate.
- Create and implement the Operational Asset Strategy to ensure the operational estate is financially viable, resilient, fit for purpose and able to deliver excellent services by determining where and how the operational property budget is spent.
- Manage the various operational asset portfolios ensuring compliance with legal agreements and minimising exposure to risk.
- To provide day-to-day leadership of the property element of the Build the Change operational efficiency programme.
What you need
- Extensive asset/estate management knowledge and proven competency at a senior level in commercial/public sector surveying including all issues associated with land ownership (e.g. trespass, rights of ways, incursions, restrictive covenants etc), occupational landlord & tenant matters, health & safety compliance, valuation, planning.
- Substantial local government and/or private sector experience across a diverse operational/occupational portfolio, working with a variety of client groups and able to demonstrate an understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing local government in relation to asset management.
- Must have a proven commitment to excellent customer focused public services.
- Knowledge and understanding of CIPFA best practice and guidance in relation to the Corporate Landlord approach.
- Experience managing staff as well as external providers of professional services within an asset management/estate management team.
- Proven track record delivering complex projects on time and within budget, responding positively to changing/competing demands.
The position will be for an initial 6 month contract and there has already been indication that an extension is possible.
The role will be completely remote based with visits to the office when the work requires it.
The contract will run off a 37 hour week.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in