Category Manager – Multiple roles
Location: Flexible, with occasional travel to Hinton House, Warrington, Cheshire or Herdus House, Whitehaven, Cumbria
Salary: £Competitive + up to 30% bonus + excellent pension
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created to clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear safety sites safely, securely and cost-effectively, with care for people and the environment. The work to clean up the UK’s nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA’s mission, and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world.
The purpose of Commercial within the group is to ensure that in both revenue generation and procurement activities, the commercial strategy is clear and compelling, risks are understood and managed, best practice is followed and maximum value for money is delivered. By doing so, we aim to be seen by UK government and the supply chain as a commercial exemplar.
The NDA is seeking to appoint category Managers who will be innovative, curious and resilient in working closely with and supporting multiple businesses in the group to solve complex and challenging problems. The category areas being appointed to are Capital Projects & Infrastructure, Manufactured Products & Waste Services and Property.
Working collaboratively across the wider NDA group, each postholder will use their stakeholder management skills, commercial and technical expertise to develop credible category strategies, gain buy-in from complex and diverse stakeholders to ultimately drive value for money for the taxpayer.
Key accountabilities of each post
- Maintains stakeholder relationships (Commercial, Finance and Technical and both internal and external to the NDA Group) to support the development of sub-category strategies and/or procurement strategies for the Group, in alignment with the NDA mission
- Validates and assures that the pipeline of projects specific to their sub-category are mapped and understood, governs prioritisation, compliance, risk and value for money
- Leads or assures on procurement activities performed within their sub-category; this may include the design, analysis, negotiation and evaluation of tenders or assurance/management of existing contracts.
- Ensures timely completion of procurement activities to maintain compliant continuity of supply whilst guiding the business on the correct routes to market and associated timing
- Take accountability for delivery against sub-category specific targets, including cost reduction, contract management, supplier performance, supply-base rationalisation and SME compliance
- Be regarded as a competent and professional commercial/sub-category subject matter expert, ensuring innovation, industry best-practice and continuous improvement across the function
The NDA is very keen to discuss this opportunity with individuals who have demonstrated relevant professional experience in large public or private sector matrix organisations. Applications from candidates with professional quantity surveying, engineering or relevant property experience who have gained additional or limited commercial, procurement or supply chain experience will be considered.
The NDA value the unique differences that each of our colleagues brings to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
The NDA are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled candidates and are happy to talk flexible working.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan M 07985 443 826 or Justin Dargis M: 07474 531 296 of Hays Executive.
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Category Manager at the NDA. Please also include details of your current remuneration package.
Closing date for applications: 9th June 2021
Please note: The above date may be subject to change