Real Estate Consultancy
Associate - Asset Management Team
Property & Asset Management. London, UK
Up to £60,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Our client provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. They operate a national network of offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering many European countries and all major US markets. Their specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the London office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
This role is in the Property and Asset Management (PAM) team. The team are part of the wider RIO (Retail, Industrial and Offices) business group. The PAM team is currently made up of 16 individuals, including one Partner.
This role consists of property management and also incorporates asset management responsibilities. This role will take responsibility for all aspects of an allocated portfolio of commercial properties. You will need to be willing to support junior colleagues in their management of properties and assist in their training and development. You will take responsibility for the property budget and invoice approval, with significant high level budget and cost control responsibilities. Your responsibility extends to identifying opportunities to improve and protect value for an allocated portfolio of commercial properties across a range of clients, with differing needs and requirements. The portfolio will be geographically and sector diverse and will include all asset classes.
- Identification and execution of asset management opportunities to drive value via lease re-structuring, refurbishment or redevelopment
- Managing lease events and appointed advisors to protect or improve value and/or income:
- Expiries – renewals, re-gears, dilapidations, re-letting, 54 Act renewals
- Rent review – re-gears, RPI linked increase, turnover rents
- Break options – service of notice, receipting notice, re-gearing lease
- Assisting with Preparation of business plans and implementation
- Identifying and managing property and portfolio risk
- Appointment and management of both internal and third-party professional teams / advisors
- Direct client reporting and liaison
- Coordination of budgets, forecasts and analysis to support advice and decision making
- Maintaining an oversight to ensure property management service accords with the wider property and fund strategy
- Reviewing, issuing and approval of service charge budgets and reconciliations
- Management of rent and service charge raising as well as tenant arrears in co-ordination with accounts team.
- To support junior colleagues in their management of properties
- To support junior colleagues with their ambitions to become qualified and experienced
To work with the Partners to:
- Encourage initiatives that will benefit the firm, colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Review policies and introduce new or different policies to ensure the firm is up to date with the latest standards
- Propose paths to implement the above
- Ensure all properties within the portfolio are managed effectively and efficiently and ensure value is maximised, and voids kept to a minimum.
- Advise clients on and oversee the documentation of licences to alter, underlet, assign, and wayleave agreements.
- Work alongside the Facilities Management Team to oversee day to day maintenance matters including contracted and cyclical maintenance.
- Take responsibility for the collection of rents and service charges, including assistance with pre and post quarter day credit control as required.
- Ensure service charge budgets are realistically set and adhered to, managed and reported accordingly.
- Implement a programme of regular site visits to ensure all buildings are in good order and that records of such inspections are kept and followed up.
- Ensure insurance claims are being processed efficiently and correctly.
- Chair quarterly tenant meetings and effectively circulate information and communicate regularly with tenant’s concerning management issues.
- Assist the accounting team with end of year service charge reconciliations in line with the RICS best practice and clients KPI’s together with tenant and client reporting.
- Head up project management of major internal and external works along with relevant professional consultants.
- Ensure fees are issued as and when appropriate for works excluded from the management contract.
- Prepare ad hoc reports including formal client reporting as required for issue to internal and external parties;
- Ensure data, e-mails and client files are updated and all other duties and responsibilities are executed to the industry’s ‘Best Practice Standards’ at all times.
- Proactive in building relationships and is responsive to all stakeholders
- Experience in Property Management and Asset Management preferred but will consider relevant experience in equivalent role
- Experience of liaising with multi-level stakeholders including clients, professional team, lenders and investors
- Thorough understanding of commercial leases, in particular landlord and tenant legislation
- Understanding of commercial property management, i.e. service charges
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good numerical skills, including computer literacy (Excel, Word, MS Outlook)
- Strong negotiating skills
- High level of organisational and administrative skills
- Able to fit in with a diverse work team.
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at email@example.com and one of us will get back to you.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all. ⬛⚫