Intermediate building surveyor
Position: A private consultancy based in West Yorkshire seeking an intermediate building surveyor within an expanding team of professionals on behalf of public and private sector clients on a wide range of projects.
Company: A multi-award winning architectural and building consultancy practice founded in 1830’s, working across the whole of the UK and internationally. Offering motivating career paths with fair reward, recognition and challenging work.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
- Potential to progress quickly within the practice
- Private healthcare
- Payment of relevant professional subscription membership
- Up today holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy/sell holidays
- Enhanced pension subscriptions and family friendly benefits
- Preparing tender documentation comprising schedule of works, NBS-preliminaries and material workmanship sections
- Write technical reports and specifications of work
- Perform the duties of contract administrator using the JCT suite of contracts
- Managing contracts and controlling expenditure within budget and time
- Undertake building and condition surveys
- Chair and minute meetings
- A minimum of a Bachelors or equivalent degree in Building Surveying and/or HNC/HND
- a fully valid UK Driver’s License and be prepared to undertake DBS/Security clearance as a pre requisite
- Knowledge of Asbestos management duties, H&S legislation and CDM Regulations.
- Experience in Management of Small to Medium sized projects, identifying building defects and preparing specifications
- Working knowledge of IT systems and software such as MS Project, Office, & AutoCAD.
For further information please contact Phoebe Twigg at 1st Select on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 3770088