Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Graduate Property Management Surveyor to join a regional firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Salisbury.
The business holds a strong reputation across the South and South West Region for providing a range of services within Residential and Commercial property. Their Commercial Department holds expertise in a number of areas including Agency, Professional Services and Commercial Property Management. It is here that the business is looking to appoint a new Graduate Surveyor, as part of an ongoing succession plan.
Your new role
As a Graduate Surveyor, you will work alongside a team of Chartered Surveyors fundamentally responsible for managing multiple commercial property portfolios on behalf of of private and institutional clients. Typically, these will be diverse, encompassing all core commercial sectors including multi-let office, industrial and retail premises.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Day-to-day property management of a portfolio of commercial properties
- Managing and collecting rents and processing payments
- Calculating, setting up and administering service charge
- Monitoring portfolio income streams and identify areas to enhance value
- Liaise with tenants regarding maintenance, licence and alteration requests
- Manage tenants in and out of properties and produce rental agreements
- Undertake property inspections and process dilapidation claims
What you'll need to succeed
- Hold a degree in real estate / property
- Working towards your APC is desireable
- Ideally have some practical experience of working within commercial property
- Strong interpersonal skills, high levels of professionalism, drive and commercial acumen
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Local geograhical knowledge of the South / South West area
What you'll get in return
- £22,000 - £25,000 DOE
- Company Car
- APC support / training
- 20 days annual leave + 3 days during Xmas and New Year + Bank Hols
- Pension Scheme
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property & Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.