Regional Commercial Manager (East)
- Salary - £62,126
- Company car or car allowance – If the individual takes the company car option and there is already one available this will be passed to the new incumbent, they are all Mercedes and will be relevant to their grade or the Car Allowance is £558 per month.
- Based at West Tofts
- Pension contribution Landmarc maximum 8%
- Full time Monday to Friday 37 hours per week.
- Notice period 3 months
- Will need to pass BPSS before starting and then be SC cleared once started
Summary of the role
To be responsible for the Commercial Management of one NTEP region, Quantity Surveying roles for additional works and supporting finance management within the defined geographical region. To support the Commerical Department to effectively and efficiently manage the commercial operation of the contract.
Duties of the role
The following list is not exhaustive and other duties of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time including complying with any new policies that are introduced.
- Responsible for all aspects of the commercial management of the “Additional Works” process including but not limited to: Rough Order of Cost review and approval, Statement of Need Review, Procurement strategy for agreed programmes (FASP), tender management, preparation of commercial elements of firm price proposals including risk management, commercial contract management including variations and ensuring payments are tailored to minimise negative cash flow, within a quasi-NEC3 environment.
- Support the implementation and management of Framework contracts through establishing appropriate contracts, monitoring performance and rebates.
- Support the supply chain management processes and service ensuring that the supply chain is fit for purpose for contract delivery.
- Responsible for the regional Early Warning and Contract Risk Management processes including but not limited to: management of the regional risk register, attending meetings and managing actions.
- Support the process for Compensation Events and Changes to Core Contract price through the preparation of supporting data including the drafting of proposals as appropriate.
- Provide data and reports on Financial and Commercial matters appertaining to the Region, as required to all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide commercial advice, guidance and support to the Regional Operations Manager and contract delivery staff, drive good Commercial practice within the region and delegate for the Regional Operations Manager as necessary.
- Support the implementation of the internal audit programme and provide feedback on the effectiveness of business processes and recommend improvements.
- Support the collation of data for additional recoverable costs.
- Support the Additional Works process and provide management reporting as required to relevant stakeholders including the management of accruals/ forecasts and outturn, liaising with Finance team as required.
- Ensure compliance with the Internal Control Document.