Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Croydon, Colchester, Durham, Eastbourne, Exeter, Hull, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Oxford, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Plymouth Preston, Sheffield, Stoke, St Austell, Wembley
The Valuation Office Agency is recruiting Level 3 Surveying Technician Apprentices across the UK. If you enjoy working within a fast paced, challenging environment then this is an excellent opportunity to join our highly skilled and diverse organisation.
We are looking for talented individuals eager to start a surveying career where the Valuation Office Agency will pay for you to complete a Level 3 Diploma in Surveying, Property and Maintenance and provide you with the training and development you will need to undertake end point assessment with the Royal Institute of Surveyors, to gain Associate member status (AssocRICS).
When you join the Level 3 programme, you will undertake a variety of roles including property inspection, producing digital surveys and valuing properties for either Council Tax or Non-Domestic Rating. We will provide full training and mentoring. An individual training programme will be put in place for you to make sure you get the right mix of work and breadth of experience required to complete your Level 3 Surveying Technician Apprenticeship and become a qualified with RICS.
- Off-the-job learning will be provided by JACE training. On completion you will achieve a Level 3 Surveying Technician Diploma comprising a combination of core units and specialist real estate management units. Rather than attending formal lectures or classes, you’ll study using JACE’s state-of-the-art online learning environment and digital library, supported with guidance from highly experienced tutors. On return to the office produce digital surveys of properties inspected. Record these surveys on a database and then work within a set of guidelines undertaking a valuation assessment for review
- Respond to ratepayer enquiries on the telephone, on site and in writing.
- Take responsibility for their own time management to deliver required work outputs
- Prepare case notes on each file and decide the outcome of cases applying established business rules, practice, and methods seeking advice where necessary from manager.
Upon completion of the Level 3 Surveying Technician Diploma and completion of the on-the-job training and assessment you will undertake the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS Associate) Assessment leading to RICS Associate qualification (AssocRICS).
Please see candidate pack
- All applicants must have GCSE Grade C/Grade 4 and above in English and Mathematics or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
- Job holders will be required to travel on a regular basis to undertake their duties, which may involve some overnight stays. However, travel is currently occurring on a minimum basis due to the Covid-19 pandemic
In order to be eligible for the apprenticeship, any qualifications previously held or currently being worked towards must differ in content so that this apprenticeship provides substantial new skills. Individuals who hold or who are working towards a similar qualification of the same level or higher are not eligible to apply.
- Be committed to undertake and complete a Level 3 diploma apprenticeship with JACE Training
- Be able to communicate both verbally and written, influence and work with others to deliver aims and objectives
- Have sound analytical skills and good judgement to inform decisions or when providing opinions or advice to others
- Strong organisation skills to manage a diverse workload, delivering to deadlines which may involve regular travel
- Self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties
If you can meet our person requirements above we are keen to hear from you.
Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A*-C or equivalent including Maths and English. (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
We offer a range of flexible working options, a generous leave allowance that starts at 25 days and goes up to 30 days after 5 years’ service and a pension scheme. Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks with full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 4 weeks at full pay.